Thursday, February 18, 2010

Its still true

Ok, ok, I know I say this all the time-
and I apologize for those of you who follow on more than one avenue (ie twitter, facebook, blogspot, etc) because I am sure you are tired of hearing it-
but its still true.

I love him.
I love him more everyday,
for all of the things he is,
all of the things he aspires to do
all of the things he does.

And I miss him.
My heart does not seem to care that he is really only 25 minutes away.
It does not care that I may have just spoken to him on the phone,
or just spent a few hours with him-
When he is not with me, I miss him.
It is not always a desperate missing, but usually more of an acknoweledgement that something significant in my life is not there, an acknoweledgement of the fact that my life is remarkably less complete.

A year has passed that we have been engaged.
A begrudgingly long, painful year,
full of amazing memories that I wouldn't change for the world.
And I know that we are doing the right thing by waiting,
or at least my head knows that.
And we will wait, and we will get married on the appointed date
(unless of course he changes his mind, lol)
and it will be wonderful.
My my heart isn't liking the waiting so much.

Our anniversary was wonderful.
He suprised me by coming over while I was asleep.
He wrote me 5 notes, each telling a story about one of our favorite memories.
(He isn't big on writing, so it is a big deal to me, and my favorite part, that he sat down and wrote out his thoughts.)
Each note was placed somewhere different, 4 of them attached to a gift-
the first note was placed by my phone, which has our song, the first one we danced to, and he turned it on repeat- that is what I woke up to, is our song. The rest of the gifts included my favorite flowers, chocolate, diet coke & excedrin-
and the best gift, was him, here, loving me.

He said he couldn't top last year, when he proposed,
but I don't know if he knows that as much as I love the ring,
even more so,
I love everyday after it- everyday I get to spend with my best friend,
knowing that he loves me and wants to spend his life with me.
The ring is beautiful,
but the promise, the promise, is what I love.
He didn't have to top last year, '
because every moment I get with him becomes the new greatest moment of my life.
And though we don't get to do the exciting going out stuff,
and we typically do the boring, hang out at home and watch tv and play with the puppy,
its the boring stuff that I remember the best.

So yes, I say it a lot.
And I mean it every time.
I love him. With all of my heart I love him.

No comments: