Saturday, July 31, 2010

And it begins, again.

So I have come to the decision that life for me is just going to stay crazy.

Summer semester wrapped up July 27th, which is WONDERFUL. I am so glad to have it over and done with. However, my CNA certification course began July 26th, so there was not really a break.

In addition to school, I decided to move, yet again, which began on July 23rd. Because I am crazy. Fall classes will begin August 15th, I was supposed to be taking 12 units, however, due to my CNA class, I had to drop to only 6 units. A disappointment, but I am sure it is not a decision I will regret in the long run.

The move is mostly complete. (I am all moved out, but not all set up).... There are still pictures to be hung, and my "office" needs to be unpacked and organized, but other than that, the majority of it is complete.

And I love my new apartment.

In other news, I got a phone call Tuesday night informing me that my cousin's (the cousin I was always the closest to growing up, one of my childhood best friends), husband was killed in a motorcycle crash in Nevada. That has really shaken me up, because I know how much they loved each other. They have a one year old daughter together. They were high school sweethearts, and had been together for (I believe) eight years or something. And I know how much I love my fiance. And I know how devastated I would be to loose him. And I can't even begin to imagine the pain she must be in. And I can't afford to go and see her. I hate that. I say this because I am asking that you pray for her. Pray for peace and comfort, strength and wisdom. Pray for her daughter, that those around her can give her pieces of who her father was, help her to know him as she grows up. Pray for finances and provision, as both my cousin and her husband had recently began new jobs, and neither one of them had insurance. Pray for my family on the west coast, and those who will be traveling to Nick's services on Monday night, for safety, and the wisdom and strength to support this hurting family. Most of all, pray for God's will in the midst of this tragedy.

1 comment:

Savannah said...

I love the blog. Great job.

You are invited to visit my blog, I think you will like it.

My blog has a collection of various things that may interest you: inspirational poems and quotes, collection of African music, book review, African artist profile and his art work etc.