Monday, June 27, 2011

Overwhelmed, by blessings

Is it possible to have too many good things going on in your life at once?
The past few weeks I have felt so stressed out,
so overwhelmed,
so scattered.
First we decided we were going to buy a house, and of course the house I loved, we didn't get.
So we put an offer in on another house, and they accepted it.

We are still in the process of closing, a process I had never realized was so extensive and painful, thousands of telephone calls back and forth with realtors, insurance agencies, lending companies (most of which my fiance has handled, thankfully!) appraisals, inspections, it'll all quite the hassle.
But, ultimately it is a good hassle.

Our closing date is set for July,
And it seems like everything, or just about everything in my life, will spiral after that.
All wonderful blessing that I am so very grateful for, but a little overwhelming non the less-

We are set to close on the house the third week of July
I will be moving mid-august,
I begin nursing school late august,
and we will be getting married the first week of September.

And, luckily, this crazy out of control spiral of changes isn't only happening for me, my fiance graduated nursing school in may, passed the NCLEX, was hired, and will be beginning his first job as a nurse the same week we close.

He will be moving out on his own for the first time,
and getting married, only a month later.

I am so happy for all of these changes, so grateful, so excited, and so absolutely terrified that I won't be able to handle it all. If you know me, you know I have this amazing ability to panic when my routines are messed up. I handle minor change all right, but too much yields a freak out. And I wonder how long it will take for me to feel like my feet are firmly planted again, and I can have a routine, and can know what to expect each passing day.

No comments: